Friday, March 18, 2016

Science of Pain

Pain may be a good thing, at least to some extent. However, the problem with pain is that it Takes up energy. And if the amount of it is elevated high enough, you will have effects on the brain. The brain can possibly have immediate effects from pain.
But is their a scale? Not that we know of. Now, is it theoretically possible to switch off pain, no matter how strong it is? Do these unexplained events really happen? Today something incredibly painful happened to me, yet I didn't feel anything! How could it be? The question therefore, still remains; does this really happen? I had not had any pain since the accident, so I can clearly I wasn't on painkilling of any kind. In fact, I wasn't even having an adrenaline rush or anything like that. So, strange things do sometimes happen. Or is it just a figment of my imagination? Interesting thought, eh? In fact, pain can theoretically be ignored once you pretend that it's a good thing. IN other words, train yourself to ignore it. Again, if there is no harm done, then do we really require pain? Come on now, this is nonsense. Such nonsense, in fact, that I don't know of anything that could sound worse than that. Many other things in life can be viewed this way, giving us new perspectives on this world. One can, for example, become "acclimated" to cold, or extreme conditions, by viewing them simply as good for us. As long as they don't cause us harm, they are all perfectly fine. After all, they can become nonexistent once we acclimate ourselves. Not sure how much sense it's made, anyhow this is what I've been trying to discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment