Tuesday, January 12, 2016

How I decide to live; best advice

This post summarizes not just how I live... it also describes some healthy habits for living in general
1.) Be calm. Don't let your heart race at all. Of course, that's easier said then done sometimes! However, we need to be content. It may seem counterintuitive to not allow having rapid heart rate. Welcol, it is & isn't. Whether you are old or young, doesn't have to depend on yourself alone; it has to do with the heart.
2.) Eat a spicy diet. Spicy foods help in digestion. Also, people who live in the tropics benefit from increased transpiration. So, as crazy as it may seem, if there's anything that can save you from a heat stroke, then this would fit the bill. Keep it spicy my friends. My own experiences with spicy stuff was when I actually started eating chiles themselves. First I had a slight amount of Jalapeno hot sauce as one of my first spicy things. Later I had bought whole Serranos. A Serrano is rated at about seven times milder than Habaneros. That is definitely not what I've experienced. An entire habanero is at least as hot as a tiny piece of Serrano. Now I'm able to eat even spicier. I'm able to eat almost a whole Serrano at once without any heat. A habanero is literally, just a piece of cake. I've even done this experiment at lunch one day with other people. You don't want to know what it's like for them. Yeah...I've gotten some oil from the Serrano in my eye once. Now it's basically just a piece of cake. It hurt like, well, let's not talk about it. I felt myself going blind. It was astonishing that it was not actually the case! It was frigid that day. Had it been any warmer, I literally would of went into a coma. There is another reason why I like spicy food, however...that's a secret.
3) Eat more nutmeg. This is one of the things I've been wanting to do. I've never even ate nutmeg before. Sorry. Unfortunately, you cannot become intoxicated by it, just as you might want with alcohol, which takes us to the next topic.
3.) Don't drink a lot of alcohol; wait...huh? That's right. Alcohol will essentially save you from hypothermia, although there is an ironic twist to the story; at the same time, it will essentially not save you from suffering. That's because alcohol actually does weird stuff to you when you're approaching hypothermia. This is not the path that I would choose. Once you get off of it, you might know what I'm talking about.
4.) Eat a little bit of each. Don't overeat stuff. Although it may seem like a good idea initially, it's not too healthy in the long run. Even if you overeat something like potatos, or tomatos, for example!
5.) Potatoes- These are good for the skin. They also pack lots of energy, or calories.
6.) Sleep. This is one of the most mysterious aspects, or "phenomena" in the world. Being asleep reveals our thoughts. Ones, in fact, that we are not even aware of while awake. I prefer to sleep when it is cool. This aids in metabolism in particular. I also prefer to sleep during winter for whatever reason. I think it's just because I think about the quietness outside. The snow really muffles noises. I try to increase circulation.
It's pretty ironic the fact that dimming your lights prior to nightfall helps you sleep better. Because just shutting off lights actually leaves your eyes less sensitive to light once they're off. How does that work? Gradually decreasing light levels also accustoms one to get more calm. What happens, however, if you do this, then immediately turn on the lights full blast, then turn them off? This is just something that I've been wondering about. I find it's kind of bright despite the fact that light may be off and it's nighttime. You're eyes get more sensitive, so it's not as straightforward all the time.
7.) Sugar...yes please; Would you come & party down on me? It's not exactly as good for you as you may think. One of the negatives is that it's not a true way of obtaining calories. Nor is it good for your skin. However, whenever I want sugar, I ditch the traditional stuff & choose something like Agave. This is what's known as a low glycemic index. In other words, you're sugar levels don't rise & stay that way as they do with table sugar. Also, it's sweeter & tastes better than honey IMO. Another alternative you might think about is maple.
8.) Exposure to sunlight. This is good all the way. The idea that you get skin cancer after extended times isn't exactly true. After an extended time, you may become dark skinned. This protects against UV rays. It's pretty ironic, because dark skin also absorbs heat. Eskimos have some pretty white skin, given that there can be literally no sunlight in the arctic in winter. UV rays are beneficial to the skin. Whether that sounds crazy or not, UV light can actually leave you with nicer skin in the face, especially if we're talking about acne.
9.) Anti vs Probiotics. These are both really good against acne, as ironic as it sounds. Antibiotics kill off acne causing bacteria, while probiotics also do the same. However, if it comes to digestion, antibiotics are not always the only way to keep it healthy. Another thing that aids in digestion is fiber.
10) Get your protein indirectly. Rather than buying vitamins, minerals, etc from a bottle, get it by food. This way your body learns to accept protein better when taken directly. Also, you don't want to be too reliant on health by food. In fact we can do pretty well cognitively even without protein. Because limiting the amount of protein one takes means one can learn to adapt and do better when it comes to the lack of protein, if that makes much sense or not. Vitamin D is essential if you want to live in the dark in the arctic, for example, or on the west coast of North America. In fact, vitamin D also helps in calcium absorption.

No comments:

Post a Comment