Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Strange Astronomy

INTRO
I have a desire to be an astronomer in my own backyard. I am fascinated by images that astronomers are achieving, and I find a kind of magic quality about astronomy. I call it magic because that's what I describe the extremely rare emotion that you get when you see something through a telescope that's literally unexplainable, and is so rare that it's astonishing. I've peered through the telescope probably hundreds of times. And guess what? As paradoxical as it may seem, it is rare to not immediately notice a satellite once I start stargazing through the scope (not the other way around)! And when I'm stargazing without a telescope, I have noticed many unusual sights which I don't necessarily know the explanation to. One of the strangest sights in the sky which I have noticed was at twilight. I glanced out the window, and as soon as I did so, there was a major meteor falling to Earth, and it would change colors, becoming blue, red, and green as it streaked through the sky, which was clear without any clouds. What was so astounding about this event, was the fact that I just happened to glance out of the window just in time. I know that many think that there are such things as coincidences, and that they are probably just random. I think that the coincidences that I've noticed are more like premonitions, and that's why I replace the word coincidence with premonition (although I must admit that it's discouraging that I didn't know until now that there actually is a difference among the words, since many people might just dismiss the post because of that single mistake). This is because there have been coincidences that I have had that are just strange enough that to be considered merely coincidences, is foolish, as this word simply does not convey what it's importance (that of coincidences) is.
I want to live somewhere where it's really great weather, such as Siberia or the mountains which I think would definitely be interesting to live and fully acclimate to, such as not even noticing what season it is! After all, there is undoubtedly what I would describe as a chemistry between me and dangerous conditions. After arriving, I would record high quality photos through really high quality telescopes every second at night. I would have various kinds of cameras; some would be high resolution, while others would be built by me and have incredibly high spatial resolution. I would build medium format 4 megapixel cameras with all of the latest technology, which would be cooled down to as cold as possible. Then I would use the fastest processor so that I could get tens of images per second to composite into a video. I could also combine the images into one that has resolution that's a few times higher than the original image. For this, I could use an algorithm. The cameras with the low resolution would be extremely sensitive to light, and have improved dynamic range. The high resolution cameras would also be medium format, although they would range from approximately 20 megapixels, to 50 megapixels. The telescopes need be enormous to keep up with the demands of the image quality. I think that this would be so interesting of a project.

No comments:

Post a Comment